Sunday, February 27, 2011

Crazy For Cow's


My sister-in-law was in town this year for her birthday, so of course she had to have a birthday party complete with cake! SIL collects cows, so it was a foregone conclusion on what the theme to her cake would be!

I made Ferdinand out of 50/50 about two weeks prior to her birthday. I wanted to give the cow plenty of time to dry as it was so big. I also made some daisies out of 50/50 to accent with as well.

The cake was a triple chocolate fudge cake with my basic buttercream.

I made the cow spots out of black fondant, just by making random cuts. They were placed on the cake and I then piped with a star tip instead of the grass tip, just as an experiment. I think I prefer the grass tip, but I did like the effect this gave for this cake.

Ferdinand was placed carefully on the top of the cake and the daisies were added, after I piped the border.

Cute cake! I liked the way this turned out and SIL did too!

1 comment: