Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pink Fantasy

The office birthday cake was for me!  :-)  I have been experimenting a little here and there with adapting recipes and looking for unique flavor combinations.  For this cake I wanted to not only incorporate a girly theme, but also wanted to practice piping skills and use my office as guinea pigs for the latest cake I was trying.

The cake itself is a raspberry dreamsicle cake.  I basically took my orange dreamsicle cake and substituted raspberry guava juice instead of orange.  I really wanted straight raspberry, but it was difficult to find but you really couldn't taste the guava in it.

The cake was a basic design - as I said I am wanting to practice on my piping skills with the goal of one day being able to learn the Lambeth method of decorating.  Lots and lots of piping, bridgework and stringwork. 

The flower was a gumpaste fantasy flower, learned in the Wilton course I took.  I did flavor my basic buttercream recipe with a little of the raspberry/guava juice as well, just to keep it consistent.

Happy Birthday to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment