Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"Final"ly done!

With my cake final coming up, I had to choose one of the cakes out of our instruction book to replicate. Well - they are all beautiful and I had a difficult time choosing. Brilliant inspiration struck! Take the book to work and let THEM pick it out! So - the winner - but by a very close margin was:

I have to say - I think its one of the best fondant jobs I've done. This one just turned out so smooth!

I did discover that you CAN put the petal dust on the flowers after they are secured to the cake, but I won't next time - I worried the whole time I was doing it that I would spill the dust or that the sparkle would get where I didn't want it!

Over the weekend - Jim purchased for me a Lindy Smith book. It has 15 different cakes, complete with instructions and pictures. I'm looking forward to trying one or all of them in the very near future! But first - - - the office Valentine cake!

Happy Caking!

No comments:

Post a Comment