Thursday, February 25, 2010

Smash cake!

My physical therapist's son is 1 year old today! I wanted to surprise his mom and dad with a little smash cake for him - especially since they were going to wait until next month to celebrate it with his grandparents & various other family members in Arizona. You only turn 1 once! You GOTTA have a smash cake for your birthday!

Baby A's first word was "car" - so.....



I couldn't find the chunky looking toddler car toys that I remember from when my kids were toddlers, so I drew one out as best as I could remember - remember I never said I could draw! I rolled out the red fondant and put the cutout of my car on it and cut that out. The clouds are made from five petal flower cutters and the wheels are circle cutters. The cake itself is a two layer torted chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream. Just the right consistency to make a wonderful mess for a 1 year old!

Baby A's dad and mom really liked the cake and were totally surprised! Tonight - let them eat cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment