Thursday, April 29, 2010

April cake #2


My aunt moved back to the area this year after a long time of residing in New York. Since she is now "local" , relatively speaking, I was able to make a cake for her birthday this year.

This cake is from the Wilton idea book and was very fun to make! I experimented with cake flavors on this cake and found a recipe for a lemonade cake that turned out very yummy. This one will go on my flavors for the business.

Basically, this cake is a 1/2 of a round cake covered with buttercream. The mouth is black fondant and the rays are sugar cookies, lined with buttercream and sugar crystals. The sunglasses were purchased, however the original idea has you make the glasses from sugar cookies. Even though the glasses aren't edible, I think they are much cuter than the cookie would have been!

No comments:

Post a Comment