Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April is a busy month!


I had four cakes to do this month - my nephew's 6th birthday cake, my aunt's birthday cake, our monthly office birthday cake and my bosses' grandaughters cake. The last one being completed this weekend. I'll try to make separate blogs for them, but keep it short & sweet! :-)

First up is my nephew's cake. His request - Justice League and chocolate. Not too hard, right? Well.... the chocolate part was easy - this was a triple chocolate fudge cake with Oreo's cookie & cream filling. Yummy!! The difficult part was finding the figures for the cake - finally purchased online from a toy store.

I liked how this turned out, but I would design it completely different doing it again. Next time, I would make it a round tiered cake, covered in blue fondant (like a dusky evening sky). Then I would cut out a city skyline to put around the cake, positioning the super heroes to look like they are defending the entire city. Food for thought and always thinking on how to improve! My nephew thought it was awesome though - so that's all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment