Friday, January 8, 2010

How hard could it be....


to bake and decorate cakes! After all - Duff (on Ace of Cakes) makes it look so easy! Boy, was I in for a big wake up call after I finally signed up for my first cake decorating class. I had decorated cakes before, mainly for my boys, copying designs I found on the internet to match the birthday boy's theme of the year. Most of them even turned out pretty good! Nothing says cake like a ton of sprinkles and frosting. So, now, after a few months of classes I am prepared to eat cake...and admit that it is not as easy as I thought it would be. On the other hand, it is also much more addicting and satisfying than I had ever anticipated. I am learning the trials and tribulations of smooth icing, working with fondant and stacking cakes. I look at some of my earlier cakes, ones that I thought were so wonderful, and compare them to my cakes today and realize what a long way I have come. I look at the cakes I am making now and look forward to a long and exciting journey to creating my "Ace of Cakes".

No comments:

Post a Comment