Saturday, January 16, 2010

Why is that dog wearing a wig?


.... Is what my husband said looking at my practice cake. The good news is - at least he recognized that it was a dog. The bad news - I really am not a free hand cake decorator! The writing turned out ok, for a first attempt. I think I will be investing in a set of alphabet presses though - from everything I have heard it makes the writing much, much simpler to do. The practice cake, although admittedly not one of my best, did make a favorable impression at the physical therapist's office. Ironically - everyone on staff recognized the dog as being Rufus, the office mascot, and didn't think the ears was a wig! LOL

Things to work on: The bottom edges of the cake. Still work on the writing and figure out a way to keep the cake from cracking in the fold. (You can't see it as it is under the ribbon bookmark!)

Favorable points on this cake: my buttercream was nice and smooth. The borders went on easily and looked good. The page edger process is pretty easy to manage.

Overall - I think this cake is ok. Not one of the worst, not one of the best. The practicing must continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment